We welcome your questions, feedback and requests
- Toll Free: (800)-892-5409
- US Office and Gallery: (828)-297-4653
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Golden Cockerel, 1651 NC Hwy. 194N, Boone, NC, 28607, USA
1. Information we collect
To help us personalize and improve your Golden Cockerel experience, we collect certain information when you connect with us, including when you:
- Place an order
- Create an account on our website
- Shop at our gallery
- Subscribe to our bargain alert emails
- Join our mailing list
- Contact customer service.
Information you choose to provide may include:
- Mailing and/or street address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Information about gift recipients (if sending an order to someone other than yourself)
- Records of our correspondence if you contact us
Additionally, when you visit our website, we automatically receive certain information from cookies and pixel tags, including:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Browsing history
- Purchase history
- Device location.
To provide you with the best possible experience and ensure our information is accurate, we may combine the details you share and the details we receive when you visit us online with data that is made available by third parties.
We do not send out unsolicited e-mail. We do not share any customer contact information with third parties. Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line may receive telephone contact regarding orders they have placed on-line. Your phone number will not be shared with other organizations.
For E.U. Residents Only: We will only collect additional information via cookies and other online tools if you agree to its collection, and sharing this information requires your consent.
2. Why we collect your information
It’s necessary for us to collect certain information to allow you to place orders and enjoy Golden Cockerel features and services including:
- Saving your purchase history
- Receiving information about products you’ve purchased
- Managing your online account
- Receiving catalogs, promotional emails
We also use this information to continually improve your experiences, from making our website easier to use to enhancing our products and customer service.
3. Sharing your information
Some of our services require us to share your information with other companies, who we partner with closely to ensure your privacy stays protected. These services include:
- Name and address verification
- Email distribution
- Fraud protection and investigation
- Payment processing. Any credit card transactions with Golden Cockerel are handled by third-party financial institutions and their vendors which receive the credit card number and other personal information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. Online payment transactions are handled by an independent third party that receives the account number and other personal information only to verify the account number, the existence of funds, and process the transaction. The information collected and handled by them is subject to their privacy policies, which you should review.
- Advertising on third party platforms (which may combine the information we share with information already in their possession, and offer you choices about which ads you see). These third parties have privacy policies of their own that apply to your use of their platforms.
- Partnering with third-party vendors such as Google Analytics to understand what content, experiences, and promotions are most relevant to you.
4. Cookies and pixel tags
We gather information about how visitors navigate and use our website to deliver more personalized experiences, using “cookies” and other tools such as “pixels tags.”
A cookie is a small data file stored by your web browser on your computer. Session cookies are erased when you close the web browser or browser tab. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive until they expire or are deleted.
Some cookies are necessary for our website to work properly and enable you to place an item in your online shopping bag and to place an order on our web site. Other cookies allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience.
Here are some examples of what cookies allow us to do:
- Remember what items are in your shopping cart
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Enable faster checkout if you have created an account at GoldenCockerel.com
- Understand how you reach our website and which products you’re looking for
- Learn whether you opened an email from GoldenCockerel.com
- Apply the preferences you’ve chosen.
If you set your browser to refuse all cookies, please contact us directly to place your order.
We also contract with other companies to publish Golden Cockerel ads across the internet. These companies collect information about your visits to our website and share advertisements for products you’re most likely to be interested in. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This information is collected using a cookie or pixel tag – technology used by most websites.
We also use social media buttons on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
For E.U. Residents Only: If you are a European Union resident, we only use non-essential cookies and pixel tags (ex. to enhance and personalized your experience) when you opt-in to allow for their use. However, some essential cookies are necessary for our website to function properly and will remain in use even if you do not opt-in to our use of non-essential cookies.
5. Your choices
Whenever possible, we are happy to honor changes or preferences you may have regarding your information including:
- Updating Your Information: You can update your name, address, telephone number, or email address through Account Profile or by contacting us. To protect your privacy, we will confirm your identity before updating or reviewing your information.
- Golden Cockerel Catalogs: Occasionally we mail printed catalogs and post cards to our select customers. You may change your catalog preferences by contacting us. Because catalogs are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request.
- Golden Cockerel Emails: You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails using the link provided at the bottom of each email, through Account Profile, or by contacting us. Because emails are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request. To serve you best, you’ll continue to receive important emails about recent transactions, including orders and returns, even if you choose not to receive promotional emails.
Canadian and European Union Residents: You may have additional rights; please see the relevant section of this policy to learn more.
6. Privacy of children
We’re committed to protecting the rights of children. Our website is not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you believe that a child younger than 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us so we can help.
7. Information security
We care greatly about the security of your information and are committed to protecting it against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. We do this using a variety of the best Information Security technologies and processes. For example, we use encryption or hashing when receiving or transmitting your information.
We also encourage you to practice general internet safety guidelines, such as choosing a strong password for your GoldenCockerel.com account, changing your password frequently, and signing out of your account when you are finished. Please note that Golden Cockerel will never ask for your credit card information over email.
8. Policy changes
For EU and California Residents Only: If our practices change, we will notify you and, if necessary, obtain consent.
9. Canadian residents
If you are resident of Canada and you would like to take advantage of any of your rights under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) please contact us.
10. European Union residents
- We will only collect your information from non-essential cookies with your consent.
- We will only use the information you provide to us (ex. details you share when placing an order) for marketing purposes with your consent.
- If you wish to take advantage of any of your rights related to the European Union Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), such as the Right to Erasure (otherwise known as the “Right to be Forgotten”), please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you.
11. California residents
If you are resident of California and you would like to take advantage of any of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) including access, data portability, and deletion rights please contact us. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt.